CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chocolate Wraps

When I wanted to try a new technique for a cake a few years ago, my husband decided he wanted to try it with me. He made the marbleized one, and mine is the polka dot one. He's pretty good isn't he?
To make a chocolate wrap you melt your chocolate and spread it on a piece of acetate cut to the size you want. Let it sit till it is firming up, but not hard. Then pick it up and wrap it around the cake and let harden completely. Then, peel away the acetate and you have a beautiful and easy cake! Of course,with the polka dot wrap, I had to try brown and white striped chocolate curls!
(I should have made way more than I did..)
Sorry I haven't been around for a while...I've done two baby showers in 5 days and attended a family reunion...It is busy summer time. Pics of the baby showers to come soon! They were both so fun.

1 comments:

Ariana said...

Those are awesome. I didn't know Danny did cakes? You guys are so talented. THose oreo cupcakes were fantastic by the way! Loved the frosting--reminded me of my wedding cake (minus the oreo bits). I'll have to learn how to make that some day.

How did the mango mousse go?