CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

The cutest couple ever.

This cake was made for the cutest couple I have ever worked with (and that is saying something). She is from China and He is of Scottish descent. They were so cute together! He even flew to China to ask hr parents if he could marry their daughter. How can you not love that? She wore a traditional red Chinese wedding dress, and he wore a kilt... When they saw this cake, there were no other options. They were only worried what the groom's mom would say when they told her they chose a red cake.
The backside. This cake was loosely based on a design by Colette Peters.
Side view. I made all the fans with Royal icing. They took forever, but I loved the result.

Here we go. The front. (I need camera lessons) The red fan I designed to match the embroidery on the bride's dress. The top fan was made in nine separate pieces and dried, then glued together with more royal icing to make 3D pleats. I love the china berry(the green berries) and the yellow flower stuff is called Scottish or Irish something. It was so much fun to combine these two cultures. I love celebrations like that!

2 comments:

Spectacular Six said...

Wow, its gorgeous! I remember you telling me about this one, I'm glad I finally got to see it!

Ariana said...

Wow! I love the red color... and all the details are beautiful!