CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Boy Baby Shower

Last week was "baby shower week". I threw two baby showers. The first one was a car themed shower for my sister-in-law who is having a boy. We had a great time eating and talking and laughing with family. I was so busy I didn't get to take a ton of pics, but here's what I've got. Since the shower was on the fourth of July, I had to make a fruit arrangement with red and blue sparklers:)
All the fun is in the details. I am a firm believer of this...
The menu was so fun! We had convertible sandwiches (they were topless...) All wheel pasta salad made with the baby wheel pastas. (thanks Ariana for that idea) A fruit arrangement (not fitting with the theme, but it was patriotic..) Lug nuts...they were patriotic, too! I made candied nuts by boiling 1.5 cups sugar with 3/4 c. sour cream to soft ball stage, remove from heat and add 2 tsp vanilla and 1 lb pecans. Stir until the pecans turn white and cool on waxed paper. Then I added dried blueberries and crasins to make it yummy and patriotic!
We also had Carburated cranberry lime drink and mango mousse (Thanks again, Ariana!)

We also had to have car cookies for favors. They had cinnamon frosting. Yum. We played a game and the prize was a car air freshener, of course! I had a blast, and I hope Misa did, too. I am so excited for her little guy to get here!

This pic belongs to the next post, but I can't get it to delete. Sorry.

0 comments: