CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Easy as Pie

A few weeks ago I had a bunch of fresh raspberries and blueberries that were begging to be turned into something yummy. But I was feeling lazy. So here's what I came up with. It was easy, delicious and beautiful.
A beautiful two layer berry pie!

Here's what I did:

Bake your favorite pie crust (luckily I had a homemade crust in my freezer ready to pop in the oven), let cool completely.

Mix together until smooth:

1 8 oz. package cream cheese (i use the 1/3 less fat kind)

1/3 c. sugar or splenda

1 tsp vanilla and a little almond extract (do not use imitation almond)

Once that is smooth, fold in about 2/3 of a small tub of frozen whipped topping (thawed, of course). Spread into bottom of pie shell until pie is half full. Use the extras to make layered parfaits in pretty cups.

For the fruit layer:

Make one box of raspberry Danish Dessert according to box directions. (this can be found in any supermarket's baking isle)Let cool slightly. Add a couple of generous handfuls each of fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries and fold them in. Pour gently on top of pie. (pour extras on top of the parfaits) Refrigerate several hours before serving. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Spectacular Six said...

All right, seriously drooling right now....I had TONS of raspberry plants that I planted last year and have been looking forward to bountious amounts this year, and then I killed them. ALL of them! I guess I'll have to pay an arm and a leg for them at the store like everyone else. Sigh.

Ariana said...

Oh man. That looks fantastic! I have a recipe for a lemon pie that is like that...with a cream cheese layer. A long time ago somebody I knew made an apple pie like that -- like a cheesecake layer under an apple layer. I have always wanted to try that but can't find a recipe that looks right.