CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My most favorite cake. Ever.

My beautiful sister and her b-day cake. Happy b-day Danielle! I love you!





I love books! My big sis and I have the same two favorite books. (we have an equally hard time deciding which two are our favorites)So, when her birthday came around, I had to make her a cake book cake of our favs. (Life of Pi by Yan Martel and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen--one contemporary and one classic) I took it to her school (she is the most amazing middle school English teacher) and surprised her. It was so fun. And she gives the best reactions. She wandered the school showing it to everyone and refused to cut it.

She left it on the table and one of her students in her next class tried to pick it up (she thought they were real books) and poked a big ol' hole with her finger! She ended up sharing with her first period class--the next day.


All fondant...the gold is gold luster dust mixed with super pearl luster dust and coconut extract (it smelled good...the coconut extract painted on the chocolate fondant...)

1 comments:

Ariana said...

Cool!! I love that some kid poked it thinking it was a real book hahaha