CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Auction cake #2

Another cake I made for the church auction. I love making topsy turvy cakes... and I am getting much better at it (if I do say so myself). The first one I ever attempted was for my brother's wedding, and, well, it wasn't so great. We all thought it was awesome at the time, but now that I've figured out a much better way to do it I am embarrassed about the first one! I will not be posting pics of that one...If I'd only known then what I know now! This cake was a headache and a half. It took me about 17 hours total. I had my candy thermometer break without me realizing it, and I attempted two batches of my buttercream (which is extremely temperature dependant... and time consuming) before I figured it out.
Almond cake with fresh peach buttercream, and the top tier was coconut cake with coconut buttercream.
I hope the family who bought ti liked it, because I sure had fun making it (after I figured out the thermometer thing) and I love the way it turned out!

2 comments:

Ariana said...

Holy cow! 17 hours. It sure looked awesome though!! You'll have to tell me how you make your frostings one of these days...

Cami said...

You are so amazing with these cakes! I can't figure out how you make those layers lopsided!