CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I am a goddess. Worship me.

My husband wanted to take a treat to the neighbor who has been helping him out with something, and I had overripe bananas in the kitchen. The stars had aligned. I had taught our girls about banana boats recently (you take a banana, slice out a wedge lengthwise and insert chocolate chips, marshmallows and peanut butter, wrap it all up in foil and toss it in the coals of a camp fire until it gets all warm and melty and gooey. Unwrap and eat. YUUUUUUMMMY! ) So, I decided to try and recreate this campfire confection as a cupcake. Pretty, aren't they? They tasted sooo good. Banana cake, chocolate ganache, peanut butter Italian meringue (I'm still perfecting the recipe for this--but it was amazing) all topped with mini marshmallows that I took my little blow torch to to toast them. Now we can feel like we're camping with out the bushwhacking and dirty fingernails. Sounds good to me!

3 comments:

Manny said...

You are very talented. Have you ever considered owning a bakery? I know of one for sale. You'll like the name, I'm sure.

Emily said...

Those sound Amazing! Seriously, once you perfect the recipe send it my way! Your boy baby shower turned out really cute!I love the car cookies!

Spectacular Six said...

I am bowing down before you now! I was thinking the other day about pb italian meringue and how that would work! How much begging and pleading would it take for you to share?!