CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Real Cake...

Sort of.
I realize I haven't posted a cake cake for a while. Sorry. What can I say...I am like a little bird. I get sidetracked easily.
Now that I am focused, Here is a cake I did for a local Chocolate show last November. It is a dummy cake covered in chocolate fondant and handmade chocolate pine cones and pine needles. I also made the meringue mushrooms (the white ones) and the gum paste toadstools (the red ones) Chocolate cookie crumbs for dirt and real peat moss.These photos are not the best... The lighting was terrible and my little point and shoot was on it's last leg. Just pretend it looks even better than what you see :)


3 comments:

Ariana said...

Ho-leeeee cow! I love that cake! Now I need to have another wedding reception (with Jeff of course) so I can have a log cake like that. haha That is so beautiful! I remember you telling me something about a chocolate show back then...looks like you put a good piece in!

Next.... log cupcakes.
(ok, just kidding) :)

The Bryner Family said...

Wonderful cakes! We just discovered your blog! You should post Bryan and Lindsay's cake soon and also my grandma Bryner's birthday cake. You are amazing!!!! Happy Decorating! Love, Anna

Price Family said...

You are sooo talented!!! What a great cake! Your whole blog is full of amazingly beautiful & yummy looking treats.
:)