CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Not cake, but oooh maaannn.....

My wonderful neighbor and friend brought me a box of beautiful apricots she had just picked from her Aunt's tree. They were perfect. as soon as I shut the door, I asked my kids if we should make grilled apricots. You'd think I'd asked if they wanted to go to Disneyland. So, before we even started making dinner, we heated up the grill and got out the honey. They were so simple and delicious. Just cut the apricot in half, remove the pit, and brush with honey.
Welcome to the grill, pretty fruit. enjoy the toastiness in there! (remember to oil the grates well, that honey can get sticky!)

OOOOOOHHHH...perfect! Well, almost...


A la mode, anyone?

Try it. You will love me (even more).

Thanks for sharing, Ariana & Aunt!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I never thought to grill fruit before! You are full of wonderful ideas! Can't wait to try it!

Ariana said...

Glad you liked them....they were such beautiful apricots. :) My cousins that came to the cupcake thing -- it was their tree.

Grilled peaches are good too....and my mom says grilled bananas are good but I don't believe here. haha