CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Want s'more?

After the huge success of my banana boat cupcakes, I decided to try another campfire classic in cupcake form...S'mores! I know this concept is no new, but it is delicious! I made chocolate cupcakes and stirred in a few graham cracker goldfish into the batter. Topped them with a fluffy marshmallow frosting, and torched those babies with my blow torch. (okay, it is just a little brulee torch, but that sounds wimpy) Here is the marshmallow frosting I used: (it is Jennifer Shea's from Trophy Cupcakes)
Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
8 large egg whites
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions
Place egg whites, sugar, and cream of tartar in the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer. Set over a saucepan with simmering water. Whisk constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are warm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer bowl to electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat, starting on low speed, gradually increasing to high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, 5 to 7 minutes. Add vanilla, and mix until combined. Use immediately.
Don't be intimidated! It really is easy! Make sure to toast them with a torch or under your broiler just before serving so you get the crispy outside!

2 comments:

the Kargis Family said...

My husband just said tonight he could never get sick of s'mores. I might just have to try this one.

Harmony said...

Amelia, those look so tasty. I love your other blogs too. I'm glad you had a fun trip