CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cake Tasting

My cousin is getting married!I am so excited. I love my family. I love weddings. Bryan and his fiancee asked me if I would make their wedding cake. I'd be honored! But you gotta choose what kind first. Tough job, I know. I had the happy couple over a few weeks ago to have their cake tasting, and to be my testers for a new experiment. Here it is: (it was a big hit)
Lemon cake with grapefruit buttercream. I used grapefruit flavoring oil and a pinch of citric acid in the buttercream.

They also tried almond cake with strawberry buttercream


chocolate with Oreo, butter pecan, and coconut.

Which did they choose?

Coconut with coconut buttercream, lemon with grapefruit buttercream, and chocolate with raspberry buttercream. I can't wait to do this cake! I'll have pics up of it soon, as the wedding is this month!

3 comments:

Ariana said...

Thanks, now I need to get out the windex and clean my computer screen. ;-)

Unknown said...

I gave birth to a genius!

the Kargis Family said...

Yum-o I think I gain weight just looking at your blog. The travel cake is awesome. Where do you find the time to do all this?