CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy 89th Grandma!

It was my Grandma's 89th Birthday! I was asked to do the cake and I wanted to do 89 candles...I made them out of fondant, but there are not 89. We were to have some real ones to make up the difference, but Grandma was so excited about not having to blow out candles, we left them off.I have been having some bad cake mojo going on lately. This cake was not supposed to be topsy turvy, but a sunken layer made me change my mind. (I didn't have time to bake another layer) I was running very late trying to get the cake done, and there was no possible way I would have gotten it done if a good friend hadn't called to see how I was doing and offer her help. Emily came and helped me roll the balls of fondant for the borders and make yellow flames for the candles. Thanks, Em. I couldn't have done it without your help! Love Ya!We got to the party (late) and the cake was loved by all. But all that really matters is that grandma liked it and felt special. I think she did..This is her with her cake
A very happy birthday to you, Grandma! I am already working on the design for next year's birthday...90!! (It's gonna be awesome!)


3 comments:

Christie said...

It turned out amazing! I'm sorry that I couldn't have been there to see and eat it.

Spectacular Six said...

Looks great! And so does your Grandma, are you sure she isn't 69?????

Emily H. said...

Woman you are so darn talented! What is also great is that your cakes taste awesome too! I haven't tasted any of the blogged cakes but I can remember your mad baking skills! You are AMAZING Mel!